Apple would like to release four new iPhone models again this year. The names chosen, if the logic is respected, would be iPhone 13 Mini, iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max.
The first two would be equipped with 4 GB of RAM and offered in storage capacities of 64, 128 and 256 GB against 6 GB of RAM and 128, 256 or 512 GB of storage for the two premium versions.
The four smartphones would be equipped with IOS 15, 5G compatible and, according to persistent rumors, Touch ID functionality. The iPhone 13 Pro would be equipped with a 120 Hz frequency screen.
What is the price of the iPhone 13?
If Apple starts from the price list it has defined for the iPhone 12, this gives the following range:
- iPhone 13 Mini price: from $980
- iPhone 13 price: from $1100
- iPhone 13 Pro price: from $1400
- iPhone 13 Pro Max price: from $1526
When will the iPhone 13 be released?
With Apple, it is often the month of September that you have to wait to discover the new iPhone. 2020 had departed from the rule, the fault of the coronavirus and the supply problems it had generated, with only one presentation, but two releases, in October and November 2020. Apple’s keynote usually being held on a Tuesday of the first fortnight of September, we can count on Tuesday, September 14, 2021 as the keynote date. The marketing would take place ten days later, with a release date of Friday, September 24, 2020.
iPhone 13: what are the rumors?
- A reduced notch: Apple would intend to reduce the notch of its smartphones, to house its TrueDepth sensors, which allow it to use the Face ID functionality. The width of the notches would remain unchanged, it is their height that would be refined
- Touch ID back: coronavirus obliges, more and more of us are wearing masks in public spaces. Not practical when it comes to unlocking your iPhone using the Face ID feature. Apple would therefore think about bringing its fingerprint sensor up to date by housing it this time under the screen of the iPhone via its partner Qualcomm
- Wifi: iPhone 13 would integrate support for Wi-Fi 6E and would therefore be compatible with the 6 GHz frequency band
- Photo sensor: this time it is the device located on the back of the iPhone 13 that would be improved, via the arrival of an image stabilization system by moving the sensor.
Will the iPhone 13 be foldable?
Probably not. While its main competitors, Samsung in the lead, have already launched foldable models, Apple should take its time, according to analyst Mark Gurman. A prototype has indeed been developed but industrialized development is not on the agenda. We will have to wait for versions in 2022, or even 2023, to discover this innovation.